11 kWh home energy storage system, Mr. Shavindra Manatunga – Anuradhapura
Client’s name :
Mr. Shavindra Manatunga
Commissioned Date :
14th October 2022
LiFePo4 Energy Storage System
Mounting type :
Pedestal type (Power bench)
Pulleyar Junction, Anuradhapura
Total Energy Rating :
Brand of the Cells :
- The power bench was manufactured using Teak wood which is finely fabricated by skilled carpenters. The design is a proud outcome of our talented engineers and creatively crafted by Sri Lankan brains.
- The battery pack was assembled in Sri Lanka and comes with a 5-year warranty for the cells.
- The pack was developed using 3.2V, 230Ah cells and developed as per the international wiring regulations. 15S1P cell configuration was adopted during the fabrication and a JK BMS is used to manage the cells.
- An in-built active balancer along with all standard protective measures for cells have been incorporated to the system. The total energy stored in the system is around 11 kWh and it is expected to last for around 4000 cycles at an 80% DOD.
Advantages of the system
- LiFePO4 cells can last up to 10 times longer than lead-acid batteries, which reduces the overall cost of ownership. This is because they have a higher cycle life, meaning they can be charged and discharged more times before they start to degrade.
- LiFePO4 cells do not require any maintenance, unlike lead-acid batteries which need to be regularly checked for water levels and cleaned to prevent sulfation.