18 kW Pumping system, Polonnaruwa – Thilakawardena Group
Client’s name :
Commissioned Date :
8th April 2023
Solar Pumping System
PV Panel capacity :
Polonnaruwa, Sri Lanka.
Type of Pump :
Three Phase Variable Frequency Drive
Power Rating :
- The agricultural land is situated in a remote location, away from national grid supply. The system totally operates off the grid and powered by a PV array of 23.1 kWp
- Agricultural land of 1600 Acres was fully covered using the installed system. Overhead tanks, Sprinklers, Dip irrigation systems etc. were operated using pump.
- The installed pump was converted to a solar powered system using a VFD operated using Solar energy, without replacing the existing pump.
- The PV array was sized in order to match the normal operating conditions and run the pump in rated RPM. 3 string having 14 Nos of 550W panels each were mounted on ground and rooftop both.
Advantages of the system
- Very economical rather than using fossil fuels or electricity for agricultural water pumping purposes. The overall operating cost of the system is minimal.
- Solar pumping systems are ideal for remote locations where electricity is not available. They can provide a reliable source of water for remote communities, livestock, and agriculture.