5 kW On-Grid System, Kalubowila – Ms. S.R. Hettiarachchi
Client’s name :
Ms. S.R. Hettiarachchi
Commissioned Date :
25th March 2023
On-Grid Solar System
Sudrashi Mawatha, Prathibimbarama road, Kalubowila, Dehiwala.
Inverter Brand & Rating :
GoodWe Single phase 5 kW String Inverter
PV Panel capacity :
- The system is capable of making the monthly utility bill zero through the interconnection with CEB. PV array was designed and sized according to match the consumption of the customer.
- Installed PV capacity is 5.4 kWp and the system generates 550 – 620 units per month, as an average. Expected generation per annum is around 7200 kWh (units).
- The customer’s intention was to get rid of the monthly utility bill. The system could cover a utility bill upto Rs. 42,000/- per month.
- A metal structure was built using GI pipes on the concrete slab for mounting the PV panels since there was no rooftop to mount them.
Advantages of the system
- The main function of the system is to make the utility bill zero throughout the year by exporting the excess generation of the PV array to the national grid.
- The inverter is covered by a 10-year product warranty and hence the system is highly reliable and economical. The simple pay-back period of the system is around 3 years.